XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
jd62
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by jd62 »

Well came here in the afternoon instead to see danielle who after after all these years is still a favourite. When I arrived found she was the only girl working and about 50 customers present.

They were mostly a big group on a pub crawl. Takes a single girl ages to collect when it is like this and you don't get to see much of the walkabout. Shame really as when there is a few less customers it is a good venue.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Girls not turning up is always a problem here.

Why do they accept the booking and deprive somebody the chance to make money?
jd62

Post by jd62 »

Popped in here last Tuesday and as usual early in the week not enough customers for the girls to bother starting until 8:45. Seems the brewery have taken the Pub off the market and are waiting to see if the proposed development in the area goes ahead before deciding what to do.

So this pub will be going for a while yet with the girls. It is such a relaxed venue I always enjoy coming here even when things go wrong like girls turing up late.
gary_utk
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by gary_utk »

Made my first visit to the Foresters today(Friday), I was there between about 3:30 and 5pm, three girls Sammy Marshall, Elizabeth and Lyndsey and about 21-25 viewers.

I was surprised to find that it was a walkabout pub, even though there is a small stage to the right of the DJ booth. The last Pub I was in that had walkabouts was the Spread Eagle, so you can tell how long ago that was.

Never having seen Sammy before, though having heard of her - she is an excellent dancer, but was very much in demand for private dances - she even handed over one of her dance slots to Elizabeth because she was so busy.

Dances were every second song, so came around quite quick - you can go though a lot of change that way.

The private dances were £10, and you had to step on and off the stage to get to the small private dance area which is hidden from bar view, but the DJ can keep an eye on things from where he sits. At £10 they were excellent value for money; and I am comparing to the £10 at the Nags Head which is my very occasional other haunt.

The only downside is that there is a sign saying the toilets are outside - I did not try them - can any of the regulars comment on their state?

An excellent afternoon for Sun, Sea and Strippers; what more can a man ask for?

Regards

Gary
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

gary_utk wrote:The only downside is that there is a sign saying the toilets are outside - I did not try them - can any of the regulars comment on their state?
The outside toilets are basic and not particularly pleasant and could certainly do with a more thorough clean, however it would not stop me visiting the pub!

The outside toilets are only used during the summer months (May - September I think).
gary_utk
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by gary_utk »

Thanks for that, I might give them a try on my next visit :)

"The outside toilets are basic and not particularly pleasant and could certainly do with a more thorough clean, however it would not stop me visiting the pub!"
jd62

Re: ** SS1 2EN Foresters, Southend

Post by jd62 »

Despite nothing being on the promises website there are in fact dncers this Saturday lunchtime. I know as I am here and have been since 1pm. I only knew as one of the girls told me.

Seems the foresters have had another change of heart about the summer time.
muppet

Post by muppet »

and why not? Dad needs to escape sometime :lol:
jd62

Post by jd62 »

Been here twice this week. Thursdy and Saturday nights. A big contrast the Thursday nice and steady custom but not overly busy. Satuday evening very busty and both girls were very busy, but I managed to squeze in 5 dances on Saturday anyway. Really they could have done woth three girls Saturday evening rather than the two present as I was enjoying my dances but could only get in two in a row at once because of them needing to go back and collect again.

Really the Foresters never changes the toilets inside nearly always have a wet floor as they leak a litlle and they have been like that for at least two years.

Overall I still think it is worth the visit especially if a girl is on you really like.
I-full

Post by I-full »

jd62 wrote: Satuday evening very busty and both girls were very busy,
Surely the girls were busty and the evening busy? On the other hand, as a failed poet, a "busty evening" could sum up for me an ideal night out.

Which was it JD?
one more and I'm off...
jd62

Post by jd62 »

I am in southend for the middle shift which has three girls. Danielle, Jenny and a newbie to stripping who is a blonde breast enhanced blonde calling herself Affinity. She was for newbie a good tryer not my type though.

Overall the foresters is like a lot of places in January devoid of many customers but those here are all having dances so the girls are fairly happy.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

The Foresters website (presumably run by Promises) has suddenly stopped, with the message "This Site is no longer available".

Does anyone know why?
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

The Promises site has also stopped listing the dancers by name too.

Only showing the number of girls per session.

Always rumours of that part of the seafront being developed.
jd62

Post by jd62 »

The main reason they stopped listing girls by name is because it was mostly meaningless. On average I visit here at least twice per month and on every occasion for the last three months the advertised girls were mostly not those working.

So Many girls cancel shifts, just don't turn up or refuse to work here that Promises always have difficulties with filling the shifts.

It would not surprise me if they had to drop the house fee or change agencies to resolve this.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

A long long time ago dancers here had their train fare from London paid.

The move to house fees, the price of petrol/train fares and the lack of customers for many sessions mean that a lot of girls don't want to work at the venue. Various agencies have been tried and all have tried to force girls to work at the Foresters by threatening that they won't get other work. It hasn't worked.

Dancers with a personal following tend to do well and make money.

Most of Promises' venues are a very long way from Southend and the girls working for them live in London or counties to north/west of it.

Unlike the old days there is not much competition on the agency front.

They probably need to get a rota of more local girls and get one of them to run it. They did try this before but did not have enough new faces to keep it going.
Flamboy
Make mine a D cup

Post by Flamboy »

I hear it's going to Tease.
jd62

Post by jd62 »

As tease have a new southend venue on the website highly likely. Besides they are fed up with all the cancellations. I was there for the first shift and only one girl turned up for the middle shift.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Found this story on the Southend local newspaper website:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_n ... ine_Plaza/

Looks like it is only a matter of time before the Foresters disappears :(
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Almost certain by the look of it.

So many years of grown up entertainment if you add in the topless dancer years with Gemini agency.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

On a more positive note, have heard that if the Foresters does disappear, the strippers may move to another venue further along the seafront.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Was in Southend earlier this week, and noticed the Happidrome amusement arcade (located next 2 doors away from where the New Ship was) have removed their bingo seats / machines, which took up about 1/4 of the arcade. The amusement machines remain as they were.

Anyone know if this place is closing shortly? Like the Foresters, it's in the way of the proposed new development....
I-full

Post by I-full »

Still there. I used to enjoy the Foresters but I'm not sure if I can still see its point. Crowds very thin weekday evenings. The girls go through the motions with some enthusiasm but somehow the vigour is lacking. There's not much exotic anymore.

Although walkaround is favoured by many on this board, myself included, I believe the stage performances in days gone by were more alluring. It was the custom in the Foresters to sit by, or lean on, the bar between dances. When the DJ (the much-missed Teddy) announced the next act the puntership would gather at the front of the stage; not too quickly (perv) or too slowly (blocked view) but at the right pace to take position in the front row without seeming too anxious. Looking up at the performer between the gilded railings gave an intimate view and at the same time reminding one that there was a barrier which should not be crossed (well, hardly ever). Imagine the Blue Bar with your chin on the edge of the stage. So near and yet so far.

That way you were close to the whole act. Not the same as your fifteen seconds of walkaround attention. However I can see from the girls' point of view that walkaround gives more control than being hemmed in on a small stage.

Nevertheless I will be back soon, still looking for that elusive magic moment.
one more and I'm off...
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

Visited the Foresters last night, for the first time. Two girls, in a very big pub with a small clientele on a weekday evening in mid-March.

Nothing wrong, but they were just a little lost in the space.

There wasn't an entry fee, though - I think earlier posts suggested there was. The pace was quite slow, though, and dances didn't come round very often: maybe three or four in an hour.

A short walk to the Cornucopia, with its more intimate feel, three girls, and a warm and friendly vibe - though even that looked set to be all packed up by around closing time...
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I have noticed a couple of minor staff changes within the last month or 2:

The DJ, Mick, seems to have left . Not seen him in there for couple of months now. The DJ role seems to be taken by someone who barely looks old enough to work there! He doesn't bother to announce the names of the girls before each dance.

The barmaid who usually worked from about 3pm on Saturday afternoons seems to have left too. A friendly, attractvie girl, on a bad day dancer wise at the Foresters I sometimes wished she would take up dancing!

Not big changes I know but I think Mick had been there for years - at least the 10 years I have been frequenting the pub.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Made my first visit since May last weekend, and another couple of changes:

The main change is that private dances are now £15, rather than £10. Although it is the first increase I have known since I first went here about 10 years ago, it does seem a big jump. Speaking to a dancer I know, the increase has only recently taken place.

The second change was the lack of DJ. One of the bar staff would sometimes go over to the DJ booth, but generally they allowed the girls to put the music on themselves.

There was a sign in the corner of the car park by the chip shop, announcing the site had been acquired by a developer, not sure if this included the Foresters or not. As previous posts / articles suggest, it seems pretty certain the pub will close soon and maybe they are getting as much cash in as possible before the pub closes.