XX CLOSED SS1 2EN The New Ship (previously Images), Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
zante
Site Admin

XX CLOSED SS1 2EN The New Ship (previously Images), Southend

Post by zante »

64 Marine Parade.

New venue for entertease. Friday and Saturdays 12 noon to 4pm.
Last edited by zante on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Scallywag
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by Scallywag »

This is right next door to the Foresters so makes Southend more inviting on Friday and Sat afternoons.

Will give a report soon....

Scallywag
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Took a trip to Southend today.

Claire Orme and Kirsty were working. Walk round venue with screened off area for PDs. £12 per dance.

Lots of guys were trying both here and The Foresters.

Most seemed to think that The Image had the better girls (sorry to Laura Lee & Luba). Lots of comments about the same girls always appearing at The Foresters.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Image, 64 Marine Parade, Southend on Sea, Essex SS1 2EN

Times:
Friday & Saturday 1pm - 6pm
Sunday 7pm - 11pm

Venue:
Image is a large bar / club located on Southend seafront, about 10 minute walk from Southend Central train station. Closest parking available in either the seafront car parks or on Marine Parade itself. The bar itself is well looked after, although the central heating seemed to be out of action and some electric heaters were being used instead.

Acts:
No entrance fee, £1 in the jug, 2 girls working on the day I visited. Walkaround venue with private dancing in a curtained off corner. This cost £10 for 1 dance or £15 for 2. The 2 girls were both very attractive and both gave very good dances. One comment I would mention is that in the 2 hours I was there, there were only 4 or 5 dances, partly because of a quiet start while some tried the Foresters, but also as for around 40 minutes both girls were concentrating on private dances. This may be lucrative for them but it did make some of the punters move next door.

Conclusion:
Overall a very promising start. Had a quick chat with the new manager, who was a stripper herself and she is very keen to have more strip sessions. She is also a very bubbly character who makes a good effort to liven the atmosphere with a tray of shots going round at one point. With the long established Foresters next door, Southend has now become inviting for strip fans. Hopefully the competition will keep both venues on their toes.
Crusty030354

No shows

Post by Crusty030354 »

Only one girl (Jenny) could be bothered to turn up on Sunday.

I think Honey has done this before.

Quite a good crowd. Come on girls - you can make money. If you can't get out of bed on Sunday morning let somebody else have the booking.
harryflowers
Shoreditch is my second home

Post by harryflowers »

Paid a visit here on Wednesday 27th August; a few random punters and two great looking girls in evidence; one of the girls told me that strip takes place here most evenings and Friday lunchtimes at the moment. It's a walkabout venue and the punter interaction with both girls was great. When my travels next take me to Sarf-end I'll return here for sure.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Be prepared for a fairly comprehensive search by the door staff on entry on the evening shifts at weekends.

They check wallets, pockets and give you a rub down.

Can be worth a visit. The Tease site is usually accurate as to the girls who are working.
Orville
Anatomy student

Post by Orville »

After experiencing my first walkaround strip routine at the Forresters, we then popped next door to Images.

Images was a lot darker inside than the Forresters and was more of a club than a pub. It was a lot busier too.

The girls dancing seemed a lot bolder than they were next door, possibly due to the fact that there were more customers and more potential for private dances.

I didn't get to sample the private dances, but the girls were very busy. Unfortunately, when we went back in the evening, there was no indication that there were going to be any girls dancing so we went back to the Forresters for a quick pint instead.

We had a really good time in there and am hoping to go back next summer.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Three attractive girls yesterday afternoon.

The dance floor now has two poles but none of the dancers used them as most of the limited audience was at the other end of the floor.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Chanel, Layla and Jess today.

The photo of Jess on the Tease website doesn't do her justice.

She is now brunette and has much longer hair.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Ann Marie will be appearing on Tuesday night (16th).

It's partly a comeback but also her last ever week as she is retiring.

She has worked at a number of pubs on the circuit.

Rest of her bookings on the Tease website.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

The bar has been re-arranged with the pool tables at the opposite end of the bar near the DJ. The area is still curtained off but there is more space.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

Paid a visit on Friday - it may well have been rearranged again. The pool tables were over at the left side, when looking from the door to the bar. The DJ is in a booth next to the dance floor on the right hand side. Privates are in curtained off booths to the right at the back. Loos either side of the bar. Strip is walkround, not sure where the bast place to sit is, there's some large old pillars in the way.

Girls were great; typically entertease high standards!

Only thing that is a bit weird is there's an hour long gap in dances between shifts.
Undressedtokill; the UK's largest and most up to date source for news and information on the exotic dancing industry - AND! There's zero spam!
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

I was there on Friday night too.

I got the impression there's a new manager.

It does have a revised layout and only 2 out of 3 girls turned up. Gia actually worked both afternoon and evening shifts which must have made a long day.
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

jd62 wrote:For Info - This like the Ship next door will no longer have girls of a weekend until after the summer and is expected to start again around October / November. Their website will be updated nearer the time.
I-full

Post by I-full »

First visit to new Ship for a while. The large curtained-off area once used for PDs has disappeared and the area now sports another pool table instead. PDs now take place in a doorway behind a curtain. Just enough room for dancer and client but if cat swinging is your thing, forget it.

It has long been the tradition in Southend strip pubs that lunchtime/afternoon sessions are suspended during the summer season. They start again after the autumn half term and run through until Easter. The winter schedule is now in effect so check the Tease website to see when your favourite is due.
one more and I'm off...
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

As usual only one girl could be bothered to turn up this afternoon.

The girl who did turn up was only doing private dances.
I-full

No more shows?

Post by I-full »

I see the rota and venue have disappeared from the Tease website. They were there yesterday showing bookings well ahead but now nothing.

Does anyone know what is happening?

The New Ship has been reasonably busy on my last few visits so its unlikely that the plug was suddenly pulled through lack of custom and its too early for the summer break.

Any thoughts from the locals?
one more and I'm off...
zante
Site Admin

Post by zante »

There was a situation a few months ago where the landlord took a dislike to a large number of girls and barred them. I'm guessing something along those lines.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Are there still dancers at the Ship? Was planning a visit on Saturday but it's not really worth going just for the Foresters.
jd62

Post by jd62 »

I was told the New ship was being knocked down and it had already been boarded up. Last Friday was the last day.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

Oh well, least we know. Seems sudden given the rota was showing last week with bookings well into February. Maybe one of the other pubs on the seafront will have dancers now but I think that may be wishful thinking.
Crusty030354

Post by Crusty030354 »

Closure may just keep the Foresters going a little longer
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I often wondered whether having 2 strip pubs next door to each other was a good thing or not. On the one hand the custom is split between each pub, but on the other, maybe more punters are attracted to the area as there is more choice?
I-full

Post by I-full »

I can confirm that the New Ship has closed and is due for demolition. The New Ship and Foresters sit on a corner plot which also used to house a small amusement park. In all there are now several acres of mostly vacant prime sea-front real estate which developers have been eying for years. One wonders how long the Foresters' owners will hold out once the credit crunch ends.

As for the benefits of the (unique?) siting of adjoining strip pubs it seemed on my visits that punter numbers did not rise significantly compared to before the New Ship started to host exotic dancers. Indeed the numbers are well down on the 70s and 80s attendances. There was never any feeling that the two pubs were in fierce competition either. Never a single BOGOF!

The Foresters has seen many local rivals come and go over the years but it keeps plodding on. Long may it continue.
one more and I'm off...