XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Cornucopia, Southend

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
carlmurphy_2009

Re: ** SS1 2EN Cornucopia Pub, Southend

Post by carlmurphy_2009 »

Hi

Not been to a pub in 2 years.

Are these dancers still there?

Kimberly
Mandy
Teddy

Also anyone know where ebony went?

The dances used to be great because of no cameras

They must be rubbish now.

For further confirmation of that, could any regulars Pm me.

Cheers
Basil1903
Can I have some £1 coins please?

Post by Basil1903 »

Hi haven’t been for a while any idea if cindy is still working here most nights? Thanks
pleasure_seeker
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by pleasure_seeker »

A few observations on the Cornucopia, based on a handful of visits earlier this year.

They must choose dancers for chattiness rather than looks primarily, I reckon.

The girls consist partly of international veterans of the old Shoreditch scene - Czech Kat and Brazilian Cindy.

The rest, filling most of the shifts, are English girls, ex-Foresters.

All are either mature (over 30) or very mature (over 40).

All - except Cindy - are on the large side. At least size 12/14, some a good deal larger than that.

In previous years there were at least some really attractive girls - Brazilian Anna, and English girls like Clara and Teddy, are some that linger in the memory.

(Perhaps I was just unlucky) but this year there was nothing really outstanding. Cindy is remarkable but even she is not getting any younger; Czech Kat is too rotund to be entirely plausible as a dancer these days although she is still good to chat to. The rest, the ex-Foresters lot, are so/so at best and might well struggle to find work anywhere else.

As for PDs, although the baseline price remains at £20 – several of the girls (not Cindy) were trying to up-sell to £40. That is really pushing their luck, in my view.

The major plus is that it retains a uniquely friendly atmosphere.
Also:
Bar staff are competent and pleasant.
Drinks prices are reasonable.

Obviously, I’m glad it’s still operating especially given the imminent demise of Foresters and the decline of the industry in general. And it is still a good experience there overall. But quality of dancers does seem to be on the slide, and I found the up-sell a bit annoying. The rota could really benefit from refreshing with some young talent too.
pleasure_seeker

So, in reply to Basil’s post – as I stated above – Cindy is still there. Not every night, I think, maybe a couple of shifts per week.
Scallywag

Post by Scallywag »

I guess the Cornucopia isn't as busy as it used to be, so they can only attract the dancers they do nowadays. I think the younger dancers are more interested in the clubs, maybe that's where the money is?
tyred again

Post by tyred again »

pleasure_seeker wrote:A few observations on the Cornucopia, based on a handful of visits earlier this year...
Agree with all of that from my limited exposure to the Cornucopia, but would emphasise the 'major plus' points, as a decent place for a pint, a chat (with either the girls or other patrons, and that there is still some (pretty up close) visual distraction other than the sports channels.
eroticon6
Trainee Gynecologist

Post by eroticon6 »

passed by a week or two back.

still the friendliest place I know of. quiet - and the benefit of largely local girls is that the banter is of a high standard. and not overridden by football or loud music, except during the walkabouts...
FancyDancer

Post by FancyDancer »

Passsed by a few days ago, mid-evening. Curtains open (boo!), and not serving drinks. One lady, who may have been behind the bar last time I dropped by two years ago, saying they were closed. Though whether that was for the night, or permanently, I didn't gather.

I really hope it was a one-off: as so many others have said, it's a friendly and pleasant place to pass an hour or two.
pleasure_seeker

The Cornucopia pub ceased trading in July, according to newspaper reports.

Southend Echo news
'An iconic pub on Southend seafront, known as the the smallest in Essex,has suddenly closed down in mysterious circumstances.
The Cornucopia, in Marine Parade, has officially ceased trading, with workmen seen on site pulling down its signage yesterday.'

I don't think that they have had dancers there since before the pandemic but sad that it has now closed. It had a unique, friendly atmosphere and I had some good times there over the years.

Not yet clear what will happen to the venue next.
pleasure_seeker

Re: XX CLOSED SS1 2EN Cornucopia, Southend

An update on the Cornucopia - it has now re-opened under new ownership and after a quick refurb.
Newspaper report

The report confirms that
"Exotic dancing, which the venue has previously hosted, has been scrapped".
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

That's a pity, because it had been on my tick list of venues to visit after COVID restrictions had been lifted. Oh well!
Scallywag2

Post by Scallywag2 »

The pub has now closed down, with the owners looking to turn it into a takeaway

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/240304 ... e-sadness/
The Great Smell Of Brute
"Nice arse!"

Post by The Great Smell Of Brute »

Surprise, surprise!