XX CLOSED ME1 1UZ The Star Inn, Rochester

Closed strip pubs and clubs south of the Watford Gap (but not inside the M25).
T-Rex
Can I have some £1 coins please?

XX CLOSED ME1 1UZ The Star Inn, Rochester

Post by T-Rex »

This venue has been running for months (at least) but I've found it only recently. There's a rather odd rota -- only alternate Sundays, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. As a starting-point my visit was on 18 October.

The pub is an unpretentious red-brick place at the bottom of Star Hill. There's only one bar, which has a choice of lagers or some bottled beers.

Two girls do Walkabout (at frequent intervals) for the usual pound in the jug, and Private Dances are available at £10.00. There's no entrance fee. Both of the girls were attractive, and good dancers, when I was there. I don't know which agency they're from (if any) but according to one of the regulars they're different every time.

Nothing happened until about 5:30 PM, but that was because the place was still very quiet. The girls finished very promptly as 8:00 PM.

The pub doesnt seem to have its own website, but it's mentioned on http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/16695 which has photos and a map.

The nearest decent car-park is a five-minute walk to the West, towards Rochester Castle and the bridges. Note that it's a pay-and-display (although cheap) even on Sundays.

Rochester station is only a couple of minutes away, but it's not worth making a special trip...
Crusty030354
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by Crusty030354 »

This venue used to have Sunday afternoon sessions a few years ago
jd62
Appreciative connoisseur of female form

Post by jd62 »

Here today. This is now every Sunday. Best place to park is on the road opposite with the barclays on the corner. Single yellow restriction is mon to sat 8am to 6pm.

2 girls as described.

Aftger having spent the evening here. The girls have to be off the floor at 8 prompt. A very friendly venue however as the girls are relentless in alternating collecting and giving private dance's then it can be a pricy three hours. However the quality of the walkabout was good and the quality of the one private dance I had was also good.

My only gripe is that there is no easy opportunity until the bar gets very busy to get a continuation of the dance you are having.

You could combine the Star Inn with the Command House and have a pretty good Sunday evening in Kent.

For info Tia books the girls.
james1969

Re: ** ME1 1UZ The Star Inn, Rochester

Post by james1969 »

been to the Star Inn serveral times now, its every sunday 5-8pm, always two girls on,
private dance area is around the corner next to the pool table, its in an arched area
so begs the question; why dont they put a curtain up and make it a fully private dance area
instead of semi-private.

very good value for money if you keep to a budget, and not get tempted to vist the Barclays hole-in-wall as i did one night.
its a good venue for a late sunday afternoon/early evening esp in the summer.
with a kebab shop nearby and cheap parking in next street, a copy of the sunday sport under your arm your sorted.
The Star has an old school charm, you could be walking onto the set of a 1970's episode of the Sweeney on the holodeck of the Enterprise, enjoy!
carlmurphy_2009

Post by carlmurphy_2009 »

Yes, I visited Rochester in June, and was pleased to see now every Sunday
T-Rex

Post by T-Rex »

I dropped in for a brief look on Sunday -- purely to see how things were going, of course -- and ended up staying for nearly two hours. Two delightful girls, both very good dancers, both of whom (at least appear to) really enjoy what they do.

If you're in the area, it's definitely worth a visit although the show finishes at 20:00 prompt. However, if you have the time, the Command House isn't far away...
It's only money...
Solitaire
GONE

Post by Solitaire »

Hi guys,

I'm doing my first shift here this Sunday 5th, with Suzie Wong. Am looking forward to it - it sounds like a good place! Hope to see you if you're nearby - it's not my usual area, so maybe put a few names to faces?

Solitaire x

www.SolitaireLondon.co.uk
Steve1000000

Post by Steve1000000 »

I think this one may have gone. Passing through Rochester a couple of Sundays ago there was no sign of any activity at about 6pm. Blackboard outside was still advertising the next session as January. Shame.
james1969

Post by james1969 »

Yes sad to say the Star Inn is closed down, the kebab shop around the corner said the Star closed about 3/4 months ago. i wish i had gone there more often, but its always the case you take something you like for granted till its gone!
carlmurphy_2009

Re: XX CLOSED ME1 1UZ The Star Inn, Rochester

Post by carlmurphy_2009 »

Visited rochester on friday, and looked across the road and it was advertised dancers, so thought it was on. I was there to visit mordan arms, and charlote -

The sign for Star said the dancers were still Sundays, but I didnt look close at the sign, so guess it has finished

Disapointed to see this place finish. used to like it in here.